These instructions will provide information about exporting contacts from Top Producer 8i into a .csv (Comma Separated Value) file that can be saved locally on your computer.
Step 1: Search for Contacts to Export
- Select Search for Contacts from the Contacts menu in the main menu bar.
- Enter the search criteria for the contacts you would like to export, for instance a Contact Type. If you would like to export all contacts, do not enter any search criteria. Click the Search button at the bottom of the page.
- On the Search Results screen, select the individual contacts to export by placing a check next to each name, or select them all by placing a check at the top of the list.
- Click Export Contacts at the bottom of the page.
Step 2: Export Contacts
- On the Export Contacts screen, choose if you would like to export only the Selected Contacts, or All Contacts in your database.
- Choose the last option, Contact record and all associated items from the four Export Options:
- Click the Export button to begin the export process. A message will appear stating the request is being processed. The processing time will depend upon how many contacts are being exported, and which of the four export options was selected.
- Once the processing is complete, a prompt will appear allowing you to save the file. Once saved to the computer, the export process is complete.