To change Settings for a button, first make sure that a Button Content Block has been added to the marketing piece. To add a button block, click the Content tab then drag and drop the Button block in the marketing piece.
Adding a Button
In the "Content Properties" area on the right side of the Template Builder, you can alter the following settings:
- Action - Set a URL link or set the button send an email, dial a phone number, or send a text message. Check out the "Did you know..." section in the "How do I add a button?" article for more information.
- Auto width - Toggle this option to manually set the width of the button.
- Background Color - Change the color of the button by entering a hex code or clicking on the color square to use color picker.
- Text Color - This will only apply to text within the selected button block. Similarly enter hex code or use color picker to select color.
- Align - Set the button to align in the left, center, or right of the row.
- Line Height - Change the height of the button and the space between multiple lines of text by clicking through these four options.
- Content Padding - Change the size of the button by adjusting the padding here. Toggle the "More Options" off to set the padding for all sides equally.
- Border - Add and adjust the border for the button with these options. Toggle "More Options" on to set the border for individual sides of the button.
- Block Options - Looking to alter the padding around this text area or hide the text on Desktop or Mobile devices? Explore these options below.
The "Block Options" section of the Content Properties tab allows you to adjust the padding for the content block itself, as well as hide the content on mobile or desktop environments.
The default setting is a matching pixel count of Padding on each side of the content, but click "More Options" to be able to set each side individually.
The thumbnail shown to the right of these padding options gives you a rough preview of what your padding changes will look like, but you'll also be able to see the changes in real time in the template.
To "Hide on" a certain type of device, click the name of the environment from which you'd like to hide this content.